Almond & Banana Breakfast Cookies
- 1 C almond butter (creamy!)
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 C arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1/4 C coconut sugar
- 2 T vanilla protein powder
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 T molasses
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- 1 t coconut oil
- Set oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer use using a hand mixed bled together the almond butter, egg, and banana in a large bowl, until banana is well smooth and blended.
- Add in your flour, protein powder, sugar, spices, baking powder, and extract to the large bowl, and mix until everything is incorporated and smooth.
- Fold in molasses and pinch of sea salt.
- Press plastic wrap tightly over the dough (directly on top of it!).
- Place covered dough bowl in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- After the dough hardens, scoop 2ish T dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. BE sure to space them each at least 2 inches apart – they will grow!
- Press each cookie flat with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once they are cooked and set aside to cool.
- While the cookies cool, melt your chocolate.
- Heat chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave bowl in :30 intervals until shimmery and melted.
- Once the cookies have cooled, dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate, place on lined pan or plate. Repeat for all the cookies and then finish each with a pinch of salt!
- Place the cookies in fridge to cool the chocolate coating.
- Eat with coffee in the morning! Mayyyybe scramble up an egg or two as well!